Star Wars: Commander is getting better and better so we have all the reasons to be happy about the game. A new update has been launched for our favorite iOS title bringing the game to version 2.1.2, and introducing a ton of goodies that I am sure every fan will appreciate. Here’s a quick breakdown of all the new things that have been introduced by the latest update:
• Chapter 9 missions now unlocked for both Factions! Venture to Dandoran in search of Senator Johhar Kessen, who will play a key role in your faction’s fight for power.
• Build up your base and improve your defenses more quickly by upgrading structures directly from the Upgrade menu.
• Updated artificial intelligence in battles! Deployed units now move through battle more effectively.
• Look out for Campaign 2, “Escalation on Dandoran”. Go head to head against other players and unlock new A-wing units for the Rebellion and TIE advanced units for the Empire.
• New Rebel Units: Unlock the Z-95 and put its center-mounted ion cannon to use tearing down targeted and surrounding walls of Empire strongholds!
• New Emperial Units: Unlock the TIE Interceptor to crush Rebel bases with its four wingtip-mounted laser cannons
Apart for the new features, the new update also addresses a bunch of problems that players were facing, such as Error code messages, Missing donated troops or Purchases not being recorded. In other words, this is a huge update!
But it’s the new content that I am extremely excited about:
Chapter 9: a brand new set of missions for us to master, and proof that the Star Wars Commander saga is nowhere near to its end!
Even though the first limited campaign in the game has just finished, we’re going to be back with a second one: Escalation on Dandoran. This one seems to be different from the original campaign as it will involve more PvP battles. In my opinion, it’s a lot better this way because that makes it more accessible to all players, no matter what their level is. But we have to wait for the Escalation on Dandoran to be launched to see exactly what this is about.
And, of course, we have a brand new set of troops that look pretty decent right now. Haven’t tested them in battle, but I am sure that they will become of great use to us. But I am sure that everybody is extremely excited about the upcoming campaign. Oh, and the fact that we’re no longer going to get bugged with those error codes!