There’s a brand new update that’s been rolled out into Star Wars Commander and fans of the game will be extremely happy to hear that there’s a bunch of new content in the game: a new building as well as new troops for us to take into battle and use to diversify our strategy a little bit.
The new building that you can get on your base after installing this latest update is the Cantina: a place where you will visit Kada Jahr to trade in Contraband for powerful mercenaries. The Cantina itself costs 720,000 coins and it requires a level 7 Headquarters, but I am sure that’s not really a problem.
The units that the Cantina gives access to are listed below:
A heavy bruiser mercenary who is able to tank large amounts of damage. Upon death, the Gamorrean will throw his axe across the map, dealing damage to whatever it hits.
A quick striker mercenary that deals AOE fire damage to enemy targets and applies a burning debuff against those units. Upon death, the unit explodes, dealing AOE fire damage to enemies around it.
Although these updates alone are pretty exciting, they are not the only changes brought to the game by the developers. Here is a list of the other minor changes that this update brings to Star Wars Commander:
– Decreased the healing effect from medic droids on Johhar.
– This is to account for the fact that the ability to heal Johhar is only for Rebel players.
– Implemented a buff and debuff system to allow units to apply dots, reoccurring aoe damage, etc.
– Improvements to the Medic system to allow better tuning of units in the future.
– Multiple client improvements to allow the gameplay tuning to occur through hotfixes, instead of requiring client fixes.
– Multiple art improvements, including improved death animations for multiple units.
All in all, it’s a really nice update that puts the Contraband to some good use and I am sure that eventually we’ll get even more goodies from the Cantina.